You can use any plain-text editor to edit or create scripts/configs, such as Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on OS X. Some editors are better for this than others. See Editors for Scripts.
For information on writing scripts, see:
Sample config files. Config files are defined as .cfg files that are mostly about applying settings, though they may also include special commands and keybinds.
- Config:Default - The default config file from Urban Terror
- Config: Default Server - The default server config included with UrT
- Config: Jump Mode - Settings and special keybinds for jump servers
- Config: Nexu's - An extensive config & script setup. Includes comments describing what many of the game's settings actually do.
- Config: Ultra-low - Super low settings for maximum performance
- Config:Single Player - Play offline with bots
See Urban Zone Player Configs for more examples.
Sample scripts. Scripts are defined as .cfg files that are mostly about special commands and keybinds, though they may also include applying settings.
Weapons / Gear SelectionEdit
Scripts that help the player get and use weapons
- Script: Gear/Loadout Selector - Quick change of player's gear / loadout
- Script: Key to Drop Flag OR Select Bomb - One key to drop the flag in CTF, or switch to the bomb in Bomb Mode
- Script:Knife wheel - Allows you to select weapons with mouse wheel, including the knife
- Script: Sensitivity - Adjust mouse sensitivity
- Script: SPAS Auto Reload - toggle reload on/off for SPAS
Scripts that assist in movement, or move the player.
- Script: Crouch Toggle - Push to crouch, and again to un-crouch
- Script: Dance - Silly movement script
- Script: Speed Toggle - Change walk/run/sprint
Scripts that assist will zooming.
- Script: Zoom - Various zoom scripts, like hold-to-zoom and zoom without a scope
Scripts that create special radio binds.
- Script: Flag Directionals - Key to call left, right, middle, etc. for flag exits and flag carrier incoming.
- Script: LOL - Sends "random" colored message "lol" to team chat.
- Script: Radio Bugfix - Includes a script that allows users to re-write every radio call's text
- Script: Say Bye - Key to say "Goodbye," "Bye," etc.
- Script: Say Hello - Key to say "hello," "hi," etc.
- Script: Smileys - Key send "random" smiley to global chat
Scripts that control aspects of the user interface.
- Script: Crosshair Toggle - Find the crosshair that's right for you by easily flipping through the options
- Script: Mini-map and Team Overlay Size Toggle - "Minimize" GUI overlays
- Script:Screenshot - Clear displays, take a screenshot, restore displays.
Scripts that don't fit other categories
- Script: Demo Playback - Script to aid in playing/reviewing demos
- Script:Drop - Select an item to drop by number keys
- Script: Medkit Drop - Drop a medkit and ask teammate to heal you
- Script: Mini Games - Play Snake/Breakout
- Script:Rage Quit - Binds a key to rage-quit with a random insult in chat
- Script:Randomizer - Adds a bit of randomness to scripts
- Script: Record Demo - Record a demo
- Script: Sound Toggle - Toggle all sounds on/off
- Script: Suicide - Script to kill yourself, should you ever want to.
- Script: Timenudger - Adjust ut_timenudge variable
- Script: Volume Control - Keys for volume up/down
- Script: Vote - Send your vote and say "Affirmative" or "Negative" over the radio
Scripts that are intended to fix specific 'bugs' in the game
- Script: Grenade Bugfix - Fix bug where player cannot use both grenade types while carrying both
- Script: Radio Bugfix - Fix bug with radio UI still executing scripts
|Scripts & Configs|