| This article needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
The specific problem is: Needs consistent formatting throughout; headlines need to be in a consistent hierarchy; EVERY feature should have a colored tag. You can help Urban Terror Wiki by improving this article if you can. Generally, this may mean re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar & spelling, or correcting formatting.
This page will serve as a changelog for officially released versions of Urban Terror.
- items are red
- items are green
- bugs and solved problems are blue
- features (other than added features, removed features, and bugfixes) are yellow.
This page is likely to note changes to CVars before the CVars page does.
January 1, 2015
- strat time causing early match termination
- #176 flag return message colour
- #177 negative team scores
s_alttabmuteCVAR to control sound when game is in background. Values are: '
1' for Mute (default) or '
0' to keep sounds playing when game is in background. (Windows only)
December 20, 2014
cg_chatSize new cvars to modify the text size:
- Servers now issue a DNS lookup for the master server on map change
- Game clients now check for other master servers when the main one is down
- Randomized team join when all factors are equal (when the scores and numbers of players were equal, you would always be placed on the red team)
- new commands accessible through ref access: swap, pause, reload, restart, nextmap, cyclemap, map, exec, veto
g_refNoExeccvar to control referee access to the exec command a
ut_weapdrop#157 primary, secondary, sidearm, grenade, and bomb arguments to
- a bot indicator and filter in the server browser menu
g_nextmapis set "(next: map)" to the cyclemap vote string when
g_stratTimeto not cut into play time Updated
- improved the team scores visual in HUD
- Disabled non-numeric characters being used for colour codes (this means '^a' is not a colour anymore, but you can now use the caret in chat)
- Enabled the percent (%) character for use in chat
- Enabled the semicolon (;) character for use in chat
/me <command>(works in chat as well) IRC-style
- #124 flag drop bind to the menus
- filter bar in the server browser menu
- Reorganized the "General Settings" panel and added a "Meter Settings" panel
- #17 detection for vote keys
- #155 Enhanced dropped bomb visibility on the minimap
- #149 defusing player status shown as dead
- #154 improved flood protect limitations: its value is the number of commands you can perform per second
- #150 a swap command issue
g_maxGameClientsnot working properly #146
g_ctfUnsubWaitwhich never had worked properly #158
- #160 missing textures on some SPAS hits
- #159 gear menu showing outdated gear when using gear binds
- team scores not appearing until the scoreboard is opened
- #113 the CI message displayed on map end for subs
- #148 the multiple bomb carriers in blue team issue
g_nextCycleMap#53 missing cvar
- #47 the wrong time being displayed on scoreboard
- #163 server command overflows during timeouts (also fixes huge demo sizes during timeouts)
- #3 stupid radio menu behaviour - now only the 0-9 binds will be suppressed
- #164 Suppressed hit logging if target is frozen or god
- #170 reversed score order when Blue team wins
g_gametypevotes #172 missing Freeze Tag label for
$crosshairnot working properly in some cases (and also allowed chat variables to be used when dead) #166
- #167 most custom maps not appearing in the vote menu
- #173 an exploit when spectating the referee
November 15, 2014
- Updated text with new font (Roboto) and drop shadow
- Decreased font sizes around the HUD
- Revamp of the mini scoreboard and team overlay
- Updated netgraph
cg_drawhealth) Updated the player health and damage area. There's now a health percentage indicator (toggleable with
- Improvement of the item and weapon select boxes
- Enhancement of the "3, 2, 1, Go" beep on warmup countdown
cg_countdownSoundto disable the "3, 2, 1, Go" beeps cvar:
- Updated the timers - right aligned and new timer and hotpotato icons
- Highlighted map names in orange if they need to be downloaded (in the server browser menu)
- Updated chat variable substitution. Variable names that are not recognized by the server will not be consumed (you can now type $100)
- Updated the vote HUD element
- Used Team Survivor walls in Freeze Tag
- Combined red and blue wave timers if they're equal
forceteamcommand ability to use "all" with the
swaprcon command to swap two players
- Docks #100 spawn arrangement on
- #110 a missing texture on Ricochet
- #114 the occasional timeout flights
- #115 status of defusing players being set to "FRZN"
- bomb yellow on the minimap #82 Made dropped
cumulative g_inactivitytimer #41
- blurry ammo icons
cg_hudWeaponInfoallows it speedometer and accelerometer positioning when
- speedometer overlapping weapon info
- helmet being rendered on top of NVG shader
- #132 "x team wins" not using the right skin name
- bomb being lost to the void #11
- #134 first shot accuracy in perfect conditions
- FTL #138 LEADER to LEAD on the scoreboard status in
- C&H flags not being counted on timelimit is hit
- #136 skin readme text positioning
- #118 skin selection menu starting empty
- "Enemies: x" to "Players: x" in Jump mode
September 30, 2014
- #5 #14 flag taken sound not playing
- ThawOutStarted log spam
- #90 Cleaned up disconnected thaw targets
- #46 completion for forcesub, goto, load, save, and timeout
- #94 Reset player stamina when frozen
- #3 keycatcher for radio UI
- #70 scoreboard showing "kills" instead of "points" for the blue team
- #70 #92 scoreboard/miniscoreboard showing thawed players as dead
- Changed scoreboard status to FRZN for frozen players
- #11 Restored flags on gear change
- #88 frozen players' hitboxes
- #89 a bar for players who are being thawed out
- #91 Moved the thaw progress bar down
- #98 Reset the match state when swapteams is called
- #99 Set the player's leg model to crouched if frozen in a position where they can't uncrouch
- Made frozen players' arrows flash cyan on the minimap
- #92 live player counting for Freeze Tag
- a puff of snow for freezing, thawing, and melting
- bots timing out if bot_pause is 1
- #106 frozen players taking environmental damage
- #71 login button drawing
- #111 players showing up as frozen when the round starts
- countdown sounds for pre-game timers
- #64 frozen players' helmets not showing
- #39 stats menu not working when dead or spectating
- #40 give server crash
- Allowed gravity to affect frozen players (this also allows them to be booted)
- Allowed frozen players to be shot to prolong their frozen state
September 14, 2014
- gametype - Freeze Tag (#10) - new CVARs g_thawTime and g_meltdownTime
- New log lines:
<client1Name>started thawing out
- map ut4_prominence
- map ut4_killroom
- g_stratTime CVAR - strategy time at round start in Team Survivor and BOMB modes
- hotpotato timer not stopping on timeout
- crash when using map and devmap server commands
- a "round end" message loop happening when only one player is connected in FFA gametype
- the flag capture time bug in jump mode
- a crash in the demos ui page
- a possible crash on map load on OSX
- a "signal 6" crash on OSX 10.9
- the copy/paste causing engine crash on Unix systems
- #10 malformed reply to the /ignore command
- #4 ut_weaptoggle grenade malfunction when having two types of grenades
- #32 a flood protection on weapon mode change
- callvote kick bug where another player could be kicked
- client number for callvote server log messages
- callvote map unpredictability and server log messages
- #36 some HUD elements being displayed while the client was paused
- #35 a client info cvar named authl containing player's auth name when authenticated
- #44 Unlocked the download speed of map packs
- #34 dmaHD entering an infinite loop on certain maps
- #40 Made the reconnect command work across a client restart
- #50 the forcesub broadcast message
- #52 bomb plant time crashing the server
- #19 tell command not targeting the correct user
- #17 medkit icon not appearing or randomly flickering
- #43 third person mode persisting in sub
- #78 Client 0 getting the kill on certain bleed outs
January 25, 2014
g_gearrestriction code. It now uses weapon/item letters so you can disable whatever weapon or item you want.
- caduceus. the medic badges back to the
- FPS drops introduced in 016/017 client.
auth_owners. the issues with
- the "auth string output overrun" issue.
- 'callvote map' problem where results can be unpredictable.
- client number in callvote server log entry.
- callvote kick bug.
- More checks for pure servers.
December 17, 2013
- teambalancer-skin bug.
- chat overflow bug (was overflowing on the team overlay)
- the flag capture time.
cg_drawFlagCaptureTime(0: no time shown, 1: time in seconds, 2: time in seconds and milliseconds) cvar:
- All UrT executables are now compatible with older CPUs (no-SSE build no longer needed)
- mousewheel scrolling of console when raw-mouse was used.
- dmaHD: Sound system is on by default on the UrT executables.
- dmaHD: Fixed annoying clicks/echoes with some weapon sounds.
dmaHD_mixer) dmaHD: Re-introduced all the old mixers (CVAR:
- Autobalance turned off by default.
September 12, 2013
- the bug in the Auth System that appeared in the release 4.2.015 where sometimes lag could lead to players using account names of other players
- the "badinfo" issue (many thanks to Jacepriester)
- Animation config updates
- Dr. Pink and Dr. Blue player skins
g_inactivityis set to 0 Correctly disable inactivity timer when
cg_skinfixed 0|1 Ability to set skins per team using
com_hunkmegsand made the error message Hunk_Alloc failed on... more understandable minimum value of
- Mac11 sounds
- for specularity on SR8 (very noticeable on bolt cap)
- lagometer position on CTF when using Wave Respawns
cg_speedoCVAR: will display client speed using (1) UPS: Quake units per second, (2) KPH: Kilometers per hour, (3) MPH: Miles per hour
- killsound not being played upon HE Grenade kill and bleed out
cg_scopeSR8 | cg_scopePSG | cg_scopeG36 4) sniper crosshair: cross-dot (
target_givenot resetting state after execution skeetshoot map reloaders: fix
cg_drawCrosshair 14(simple cross Quake 3 style). Available in UI menu crosshair:
- respawn timer being shown after map restart
- 0 padding in asset download time left and server list refresh time
- sound on weapon mode change
cg_accelero 0|1|2and UI menu accelerometer configurable with
cg_accelSizeCVAR to tune dedicated accelerometer size
- bots being kicked from the server for teamkilling
g_autobalanceCVAR (0 = disabled, 1 = balance every minute, 2 = every 2 minutes, etc). Works only when match mode is deactivated. TeamBalancer. Can be controller with
g_noVestCVAR for Jump Mode: is set to 1 removes the Vest from all the players
- client respawn event to game log: ClientSpawn: <slot>
- impossibility to kick zombie clients off the server
- connection to full server resulting in Server is for low pings only
- dmaHD engine forced to 44Khz 16-bit stereo output
- command buffer from 64KiB to 128KiB for players with large config files
- separate Windows executable for non-SSE2 processors
- substitute flag being resetted upon map change
/forcesubcommand is executed Correctly update client team overlay when
- menu items in sound menu for configuring dmaHD
r_modegraphics modes for wide screen monitors more in-built
- new wide resolutions in graphics menu
- chat area width and message area width
- Hide timelimit from HUD if there are no valuable info to be displayed
- inactivity timer kicking local client thus causing all the players to be disconnected
- flag capture time. New log string: "FlagCaptureTime: <player id>: <time in milliseconds>"
- Major overhaul of dmaHD sound system
September 27, 2013
- authentication protocol securized
- the alignment of a window texture on one of the buildings in the nonplay area of Turnpike
- the specular effect on the SPAS12
- the specular effect on the Colt 1911 and darken the current texture
- Colt 1911 whiteout bug
- Re-timed Colt 1911 reload animation
- Colt 1911 spread
- Mac11 sounds
- Mac11 spread
- respawn protection hits being displayed in Jump Mode
- Enabled missing radio calls in Jump mode and enabled UI radio menu
- Correctly stop Jump timers on Timelimit Hit and map restart
- wave respawn timers not showing in freecam
- FFA/LMS spawn selection system
ut_itemuse(supports string arguments now, e.g. "
- game load fail messages (VM_Create failed on UI and Invalid game folder): will now display a User Friendly message
- support for Console and UI fields pasting on Linux (requires xclip) and Mac OSX (CTRL+V)
g_shuffleNoRestart 0/1: if set to 1 shuffleteams will not restart the map
g_inactivityAction 0/1: define inactivity action (0: kick, 1: move to spec)
cg_noci 0/1: it disables the Connection Interrupted center screen text
cg_cleanFollow 0/1: it disables some of the instructions displayed when following players
cg_exposeBots 0/1: visual bot identification
cg_drawMapLocation 0/1(configurable in minimap settings UI): shows current map location near health bar
cg_killsound(configurable in weapon settings UI): will play a local sound when the hit enemy is killed
racejump: using only
racefreefor solo modes
- Match Mode Ragequit protection (on a paused game, when an entire team disconnect from the server, reset match status and clear the pause)
- missing log lines for VotePassed and VoteFailed (for external bots)
g_nextmapcallvote Display the current nextmap upon
- Do not reset scores when going substitute
- the vests and helmets for the SWAT and Red Dragons to 4.1 solid colours
- the vests for Free team to dark grey
- colours to team names in the player set up menus eg: orange is now Fugitives
- Disable bind execution when radio UI is opened
- damage values for Groin (97%) and Butt (90%) when using SR8
- Allow walljumping without actually jumping before (falling): 4.1 behavior (eg. turnpike window stairs to WC jump)
July 14, 2013
cg_ghostnot working properly
- map autocomplete with many maps
sv_newpurelist) Optional new compressed pure list format for servers with many maps (
/maplist: it's causing lags if the server has a lot of maps command
- Disabled dmaHD by default
g_staminato be changed only in Jump Mode Correctly lock
- IP banlist '*' wildcards and fix for '0' in address
in_mousesettings mouse cursor shows up with some of the
- Vote kick which was inconsistent and buggy
- player being forced to spectator on a new level
- broken timers after swaproles
- broken wave respawn timer after paused game
- Colt animation mismatch
- Tuned up Glock specs
- Remove dropped items and corpses during TS warmup
- Enabled pasting text from the clipboard to other UI fields
June 30, 2013
- the seam on the back of the SR8
- the doors near the pillars and some z-fighting on Turnpike
- missing skin on team swaps
- Restore previous behaviour of armband colour for enemy team
g_nodamageis enabled no step sound mode Jump mode when landing on a normal surface and
/maplistwhich will display all the maps available on the server new command
- partial substring matching for client/map searching
- visual player count in scoreboard for both free and spectator teams
g_ghostPlayersCVAR. Feature moved clientside:
- UI password filter's labels in the server browser
g_stamina: 0 = default stamina, 1 = regain stamina, 2 = infinite stamina
g_cahTime SERVERINFO flag from
- SPAS hits being displayed after player death
- missing BOMB defuse autoradio sound
- new hitlocations: Groin, Butt, Leg Upper Left, Leg Upper Right, Leg Lower Left, Leg Lower Right, Foot Left, Foot Right
- damage table according to the new hit locations
- some char cases in in-game messages
allowgotocommands for Jump Mode (can be disabled with
- permanent position saving in Jump Mode
- Ingram Mac11 (submachine gun) and Colt1911 (sidearm)
- a new skin set based on the Droogs from A Clockwork Orange (it is #12)
- bug allowing players to defuse bomb with a live nade in hand
- bug showing hits causing 0% damage with the spas
cg_chatSound, (2 = all chat sounds, 1 = just vote sounds, 0 = no chat sounds)
- Possibly fixed
- RAW mouse support
- dmaHD sound
/com_singlecoreon Windows only) the possibility to force the engine execution on a single CPU (
/com_processpriorityon Windows only) possibility to set engine process priority (
- partial substring matching for client/map searching (RCON commands)
- Fallback to default
r_modein case the resolution is set too high for the monitor instead of having the error "Could not start OpenGL subsystem" and the game crash
April 19, 2013
- Medic and bleeding timing improved
- the armbands on race 1 and 3 of the Cavalry skins
- the clipping issues on Prague v2
- the brightness inside the office on Turnpike
- callvote kick bug
- for missing skins on startup
- funstuff with new cvars (g_allowfunstuff, cg_showfunstuff and funfree for FFA game modes (uses red team funstuff only))
April 6, 2013
- g_maxWallJumps CVAR slowing down walljumps (need QA test)
- g_noStamina. Was causing some glitches (only in Jump Mode)
- BombDefuse display message
- teamoverlay colors for cg_drawTeamOverlay 2/3/4
- Mouse Wheel support for in-game server browser
- In-game server list scrolling is now noticed also by a sound
- server list scrolling to the top after adding a server to the favorite list
- Cavalry skin set
- hit reporting for SPAS (multiple hits and players)
- Glock sound
- funny death animation
- Prague V2 - Updated with HD assets and routes
- connecting to GTV
- player names' colours in chat and radio chat messages
- markers of legacy team in chat
- orange team name to 'Fugitives'
- colour typo in auth console message
- instant medic upon multiple hits
- Torso has priority over arms in hit detection
- Allow instant skin selection during demo playback
- timer alignment in round based modes when using round limits
- the lighting in Turnpike so that it is closer to the 4.1 lighting
March 22, 2013
- g_maxWallJumps CVAR for Jump Mode only.
- Preloading radio sounds and misc sounds to avoid client freezes on first playback.
- the ClientJumpTimerStopped log event that was returning a time of 0 secs.
- negative enemy counter in mini scoreboard in FFA/LMS gametypes.
- UI cursor displayed during leve loading. - Fixed big jump maps loading failure.
- ut_weaptoggle behavior.
- Not checking bots inactivity timers anymore.
- /ignore and /ignorelist commands.
- CAH miniscoreboard.
- Jump Run timer not displayed correctly while spectating a player.
- invalid player DEAD/ALIVE status in miniscoreboard.
- Disabled auth account check for bots to avoid auth-reject when auth_notoriety > 0.
- Don't have g_teamAutoJoin affect bot's team.
- spectator being switched from follow to free after map_restart when following a client.
- server browser 'Auth' and 'Password' filters.
- g_maxJumpRuns CVAR for JUMP mode only (available when g_matchMode is 1).
- some JUMP in-game messages.
- log format for Jump mode entities actions.
- a bug in save and load command (player view angles are now reset correctly).
- blue armband showing on red team players minimap arrows - Updated the Glock sounds.
- a wall that you could be shot through in Turnpike.
- client-side skin forcing.
- six new skin sets.
- player setup menus.
December 21, 2012
- ut4_ramelle's tunnels, removed some plants in the water, removed some buildings in the non-playable area and added some vis blocking to improve fps.
- jump timer colors display while watching a player from spectators.
- armband vertical alignment in scoreboard.
- miniscoreboard not updating player status after a player respawns.
- player bandage while healing close to walls.
- cg_autopickup 0. It now pickup just the item the player is aiming at.
- g_flagReturnTime being ignored.
- RCON UI menu. Fixed some graphic bugs and added new features.
- the FFA/LMS spawns in ut4_uptown.
- "header" warning message for the mirror1.tga.
- new Spas icon.
- a bug in Stats UI menu.
- Optimized QVM.
- new entity ut_jumpcancel to cancel a player run and reset the run timer.
- version of ut4_jumpents test map with new ut_jumpcancel entity.
- Jump mode: colored ways
- Description: Added option to set color to jump ways. Using "color" key for jump_start, you specify color 0-8, same as for console ^codes. When not specified, white is used and everything looks like before. Colors are used when telling player name of the way and for best time shown on score board. This makes it easy to see which way players are currently on and best times are for. There is updated ut4_jumpents.pk3 in my dir, hard way is magenta, easy way yellow.
- blood when shooting walls, uses UrtHD sparks now and looks just as cool.
- jump timer >1 hour bug.
- Glock to ut_weaptoggle.
- UI ingame select gear not being validated when pressing ESC.
- the "server is for low pings only" issue
December 3, 2012 Fixed the server lag crash issue.
- the client crash when selecting a weapon.
- Potentially fixed the FPS issue.
- Player model animations updated.
- the SPAS which was causing excessive bleeding.
- the Auth System logout UI bug.
- skins for FFA, LMS and Jump gametypes.
- /racejump and /racefree cvars.
- color for FFA and LMS HUD.
- Eagle's cable car.
- FFA UI scoreboard bug.
- SPAS gear bug.
- Defaulted player armband to light purple in JUMP mode when set to g_armband 1.
- a bug in callvote kick UI menu.
- kill display, new options cg_drawKillLog 3|4|5 available, added to UI menu.
- punctuation and some spelling in kill display.
- images for the player setup menu.
- player setup menus for the Free and Jump teams.
- player's login to the scoreboard.
- a bug in the "smite" command help text.
- the player bar color in the scoreboard for FFA, LMS (Green) and JUMP (Purple) to match the HUD color.
- fog to the water in ut4_ramelle.
- a workaround to reduce flag cap spamming in Jump Mode, sounds and messages are shown only to the flagcarrier.
- a cvar ui_modversion which displays the current mod version in the game menu.
- the range of the cvar r_primitives.
- run timer and best timer in the scoreboard for jump mode.
- jump mode timers.
November 17, 2012
- the Hit Mesh.
- Linux updater binaries (GUI and command line): improved compatibility with older distributions.
- the OSX engine to catch up with the 006 update for Windows and Linux.
- g_noStamina being used in other gametypes than Jump.
- "ut_itemdrop flag" in Jump mode.
- cg_autopickup 0 bug.
- g_gear change server message.
- regain stamina bug on damaged player.
- a bug where the stamina would drain while walking around crouched.
- credit UI bug.
- callvotes and votes for spectators.
- medic icon on radio calls for Jump mode and Last Man Standing.
- waiting time display before you can call another vote.
- the autocomplete client command (TAB).
- "callvote map" and "nextmap" check for the specified map to be loaded on the server.
November 9, 2012
- gametype, Jump Mode g_gametype 9.
- the autoradio bug in Bomb Mode.
- the "Last Man Standing" gametype description in the in-game menu.
- LMS round winner is now logged.
- incorrect time display for players connecting to a game during pause in match mode.
- floating player name while using cg_crosshairnamestype 0.
- flag captures being added to the score during warmup time of CTF matchmode, also for the second half of a match.
- model and skin for SPAS.
- model and skin for DE.
- skin for Red Dragons' playermodel's hand.
- camo for blue team.
- icons for medic calling, bomb planting and bomb defusing.
November 3, 2012
- the ledge climb animation.
- CTF scores bleeding through warmup into game.
- the server crash issue.
October 28, 2012
- the "all servers full" server browser issue.
- the mute command, it can handle temp muting now.
- tweaked the stamina drain.
- the bleed rate is proportional again to how many times you get shot.
- updated player model skins.
October 12, 2012
- fixes crouch popping
- fixes turtling (crouch that allows the player head to be on their thigh)
- fixes kick vote bugs
- fixes coloured names
- adds FFA/LMS overlay
October 3, 2012
- the server crash issue.
- the login page in the game menu.
- the authentication system, including the auth issue on linux x86_64 systems.
- the server log line truncate when the lines have more than 1024 chars.
- arm bands rgb, custom colored armbands should work again.
- the bleedout bug.
- hits, shooting in the knees is no longer registered as a vest hit.
- cg_drawKillLog 0 now only shows hits.
- the helmet no longer becomes "white" on the map Sanctuary.
- the medic bug, it goes as fast as intended now.
- the "killsss" typo that was showing in the FFA scoreboard.
- 100% cpu usage dedicated servers.
- the "Quake3-UrT_Logitech_Game_Recognition.reg" file for players with Logitech mouses.
- the size of the G36.
- the Nuke, server admins can nuke players again; /rcon nuke <playername/id>.
- the kick vote.
- the maps Kingdom, Raiders and Casa. You should not get stuck anymore, also no more hiding inside rocks.
- the SPAS12 so it has 20 pellets instead of 11 and adjusted the damage accordingly.
- back a laser to the AK103, like how it was in 4.1.
- a mapcycle.txt file for servers.
- Default /rate raised to 16000 instead of 3000.
- Potentially fixed the FPS issue.
- Auth-ban and the bans on our website are now fully functional.
- the /rcon auth whois command to show more information.
August 3, 2012
- hit detection
- character 3rd person animations
- game mode: Last Man Standing (LMS) g_gametype 1
- Authentication system
- demo format ( .urtdemo )
- Auto-Updater for the game
- updated the maps Casa, Mandolin, Kingpin and Kingdom
- maps: Raiders, Cascade, Bohemia
- Follow The Leader bug, a subbed player can be chosen as a leader
- Server Listing - Misrepresented Gametypes Error
- Allowed Voting - Load up Time Dependency
- Mini map - Subbed players seeing Active Players
- Dropping nades/Going to Spectator
- Ready Command Role Swap Command Discontinuity.
- potentially fixed 999'ers hold up the game in TS
- colour tags don't shorten maximum server host name in server browser.
- breathing sound when the game is paused
- stamina regeneration frozen when the game is paused
- hotpotato time after a pause
- sr8 drop exploit fixed
- voting rcon exploit fixed
- weapon reloading/switching bug fixed
- going on a ladder with an armed nade will now put the pin back in
- enable booting when bomb held
- no throwing last knife
- g_teamautojoin when going to spectator
- callvote kick/clientkick now enforces a reason as an additional argument
- reload button to cycle backwards in spectator mode
- fix for the masters
- locked r_intensity, cg_physics and r_smp
- demo automatically starts recording when joining a game that has already started (with g_matchmode 1 and cg_autoRecordMatch 1)
- you can "steal" the captain status when his connection is interrupted
- when a team mate requests a medic his name flashes on the mini scoreboard
- demo stops recording at the end of a map (with g_matchmode 1 and cg_autoRecordMatch 1)
- cg_drawKillLog 0/1/2 (0 = no kill log ; 1 = old log like in 4.1 ; 2 = new log: player 1 [Weapon] player 2)
- g_ctfUnsubWait, if set to 1 someone who unsub in wave CTF mode will wait the next wave to spawn
- /rcon smite <player> command, instantly kill a player
- /forcesub command (for captains in match mode), force a player of our team to become a substitute
- g_allowChat 3 - allow only the captains to talk during a match (only when both teams are ready)
- cg_demoFov, it allows to change the fov from 70 to 140 when watching a demo
- updated the UI
- updated the cfg files
- team mate healbar with short names (eg. a dot)
- callvotes are now logged in the server logs
- selective weapon/item pickup (+button7) (see README-cg_autoPickup)
- the maximum number of demos
- weapon selection bug where the last weapon chosen was disappearing when selecting a team
- map arrows size on big maps
- the hands when holding a G36
- now draw the name of the guy who planted the bomb
- the SPAS has now 8 bullets instead of 6
- Download percentage overflow fixed.
- throwing nade/switching weapon bug.
- Locked cl_guidServerUniq.
- Disabled radio binds for muted players.
- Radio binds are now logged server-side.
- server filters for passworded servers and servers with the Authentication activated.
- Hot potato are now logged server-side.
- Callvotes and votes are now logged server-side.
December 22, 2007
- Working IP ban system
- Duplicate name protection (the trade of is that you can't use spaces in your name anymore though)
- Removal of white skins
- /updated maps
- Updated UI and default settings
- /rcon players command, returning map/score and per player: name, team, score, ping, IP
- No votes within first 60 seconds of a map
- hit bug when crouching and moving
- Several spawn locations fixed
- Negev reload exploit fixed
- Power slide physics exploit fixed
- TDM scoreboard not updating fixed
- in-game browser now remembers your sorting preferences
- Short names won't mess up the healtbar anymore
- A problem with blood (fps bug?) fixed
- sr8 gets 5 bullets again, but unzooms when getting hit with 15% damage
- spas does less damage. Knockback when getting hit by it is lower.
- ump does more damage
- psg back to 8 bullets and chest hits bleed out
- some changes to the log files
- allowdownload cvars locked
- demonames changed to YYYY_MM_DD instead of YYYY_DD_MM
- d 'parsing xxx.menu' spam from console
Beta 4.0 [01.04.2007]Edit
4.0 Notable ChangesEdit
- No longer depends on any Quake 3 Arena assets.
- player models/skins
- player animations
- Ingame Stats
- Banning using a banlist.txt (IP-based)
- Powerslide introduced
- Goomba Stomping introduced
- Hot Potato Feature introduced
- Vote system overhauled
- Menus overhauled
- weapon skins (Spas/G36)
- Sprinting is faster now
- Being able to set the next map introduced
- Muting of players introduced
- Veto'ing of votes introduced
- Player armbands introduced
- Funstuff introduced
- Maps updated and added - from minor tweaks to complete overhauls (see map list for new maps)
- Tac-Goggles overhauled
- Damage Values updated
- UMP now has 30 bullets instead of 25 and a spammode instead of burst. 3 bullets, very quickly in a row each time you shoot.
- Spas fires quicker, but has less bullets
- Negev is like a mp5k with 90 bullets now, no more stamina reduction.
- Bullets now penetrate arms/legs to hit head/torso if they're in the way.
- Frozen Sand introduction graphics
- protection versus the name 'all'.
- Players can't look around while game is paused anymore
- ability to become captain when old captain is 999.
- TK auto-kick message updated
- Loading screen progress indicator
- NVG look changed
- com_hunkmegs now defaults at 256
- gamename = q3ut4
- g_modversion = 4.0
- Overbrightbits/MapOverBrightBits/fastsky/lightmap/muzzleflash locked
- FPS capped at 125
- Position of text when using cg_drawcrosshairnamestype 1 changed to not colide with team overlay
- 'raceblue' and 'racered' instead of 'race'
- 'cg_hitsound' turns on/off hitsound
- 'funred' and 'funblue' to set funstuff.
- 'cg_rgb' sets your armband/minimap/scoreboard color, if server allows it
- Server now echos when changing certain cvars, which it didn't do before (bombexplodetime for example)
- /shortened cvars from infostring to decrease chance of 'info string length exceeded' warnings
- 'mute' to mute a clientnumber
- 'veto' to let a vote fail
- addip/removeip to ban/unban IP addresses. Can also use clientnumber to ban someone.
- g_hotpotato sets number of minutes of stand-off before hotpotato kicks in (0=off)
- g_allowvote values changed. Check http://www.urbanterror.net/allowvote_calc.html
- g_nextmap lets you set the next map
- g_armbands added. 0=let player decide armband color 1=force red/blue 2=assign random color to players
- g_redwaverespawndelay changed to g_redwave and g_bluewaverespawndelay to g_bluewave
- g_survivorroundtime = g_roundtime now
- g_captureandholdtime changed to g_cahtime
- g_surivorrounddelay = gone
4.0 Map ListEdit
- ut4_ambush - Masheen
- ut4_crossing - Masheen
- ut4_firingrange - Hybridesque
- ut4_mandolin - Null
- ut4_sanctuary - Sinny
- ut4_toxic - Duf Knien
3.x Dev Cycle Release HistoryEdit
- Boot is now available with Beretta and DE and grenades
- Sr8 damage to waist and groin equalized at 80%
- Knife damage increased
- ut_timenudge - lets you swap ping for a smoother world view. Useful for people who are having hitting issues/jerky other player issues. If not, leave it on 0. Range (0-50ms)
- walljumping - easier to do now esp. for hpbs. The 3 jump limiter was slightly broken, meaning it wasn't working as nicely in 3.6 as it was during 3.5 qa testing. Fixed now.
- walljumping - cannot walljump off other players
- walljumping - cannot walljump off of low ledges
- cg_autoscreenshot - check if thats behaving right please.
- player rendering - player angle changes were not smooth before, now they are.
options for cg_drawteamoverlay 0 1 2 3
- 0 is none
- 1 is both teams displayed
- 2 is just your team, smaller, and the alive count of the other team
- 3 is only yourself and the alive counts of your team and the other team
- cg_drawteamoverlayscores 0 1 which turns off the scores from the above options
- g_deadchat 0/1/2 only works in matchmode
- 0 dead can talk to only dead or sub
- 1 is the default, dead can pester their own team
- 2 means the dead can pester everyone
- - specs are always locked out however
- /restart unreadies teams correctly
- you have to ready up again after 1/2 time
- d the bobby rotation of portal cameras
3.7 Bug FixesEdit
- Water crouch bug fixed
- Adjustment to the antilag code
- team overlay refreshes properly except flag returns (the point doesn't show until you hit tab)
- cg_autoscreenshot fixed so that 1 takes screenshots in pub and matchmode and 2 only in matchmode
- server degradation dealt with but it is still recommended that you restart dailly (q3 needs restarting within 24 days but we found degradation started after only 15 hours)
- some clips on Casa
3.6 Bug FixesEdit
- ammo exploit
- TS spawns on Casa
- Replaced missing texture in Casa
- cg_scopering (enabled by default) shows a ring on the sr8 crosshair scope reflecting MP
- ut_itemdrop now accepts "kevlar","silencer","helmet","flag","nvg"
- forgotten feature if you put maptoggle on 0 you can bind a key to button12 (like bind j +button12) that'll only display the minimap so long as its held down
- nvg effects cg_nvg 0-8 changes colour
- walljump physics
- legshots dont slow you so much
- running with low stamina doesnt slow you so much
- Have to have the knife selected to boot (can boot team mate if FF is on)
- Crouch is sticky in air - i.e. if you crouch while jumping you stay crouched until you land
3.5 Bug FixesEdit
- quick weapon swap bug fixed
- reload anim bug fixed
- q3 crash with no soundcard fixed
- disappearing flag bug fixed
- teams now unreadyd on /restart
- crouch animation when jumping which corrects ARIES alignment for better hit detection
- ent->think error that was causing the bombsite to disappear
- cg_autoscreenshot 1 is fixed so it takes screenshots in matchmode
- modifed: month_day has been swapped for day_month in autoscreenshot text
- double bomb
- Modified the bomb blast
- Can't jump plant anymore
- for low ammount of spawns (multiple repeating spawn death) bug
- our antilag code to use doubles, not floats
- g_swaproles 0/1 - defaults to On - at Intermission, teams are swapped, map starts up again with a warmup
- g_maxrounds N - 0 for off, have to have it off to use the timelimit
- cg_autoscreenshot to accept a value of 2 now to only take shots during matchmode
- bomb mode rules removed.
- g_survivorroundtime now accepts real numbers like 1.5 for 1:30 worth of time.
- the g_teamnameRed and g_teamnameblue to not be latched anymore
- intermission not to look around anymore
- Made TDM use TS spawns if no TDM spawns around
- modified the UI to show 1/2 time scores on the scoreboard
- if it somehow makes it to 1/2 time without either team readying a ready up in the second half resets the match
- personal scores are kept between first and second half unless a restart is called in which case the personal scores are cleared but the match starts at the second 1/2
- pause text
- "Pausing" appears at the top of the screen
- by who (red/admin/blue)
- whether it's a timeout or pause
- Pause and resume have countdowns eg: "Resuming in 9 seconds" etc which are in the middle of the screen
- New Bomb Mode rules
- 2 points for red on successful plant
- 2 points for blue for stopping red from planting by killing all of red before they plant
- 1 point for red for killing all blue but not planting
- 1 point for blue for defusing the bomb
- 0 points for a draw
- g_bombRules 0/1 - Cvar control for old and new bomb rules
- 0 = old rules
- 1 = new rules and is on by default
- Kicking enabled in FFA
- Graphic display in lagometer when antiwarp is affecting you. (antiwarp indicated by black lines in lagometer)
3.3 Bug FixesEdit
- Ingame browser fixed
- Antiwarp adjusted so you can ledgeclimb properly
- g_antiwarp 0/1 - It's turned off by default as it's still fairly experimental, and a little controversial. It stops warpers. But to the person actually warping it feels like packetloss.
- g_antiwarpTol 50 - It's the MS tolerance before g_antiwarp decides that you're a warper. Most players have well under 20ms, but severe warpers (ie.uploading/downloading) are over 50 most of the time. Recommended you just leave it on 50, but set it can be tunedslightly lower (40, or maybe 30) if there are certain persistant people who still try and get past this.
- g_gear 0 - g_gear is a server-side option that allows you to disable certain weapons from spawning with players. It's a bit field (like g_allowvote), so you pick what combinations you want by summing the relevant bit values. They are:
- 1 No Grenades
- 2 No Snipers (psg1 or sr8)
- 4 No Spas
- 8 No Pistols
- 16 No Autos (primary or secondary)
- 32 No Negev
- So, if you wanted to run a pistol only server, you'd remove everything else.
- 1+2+4+16+32 = 55
- g_gear 55 = Pistols Only.
- Clients are notified when g_gear is changed as to what is allowed, (as well as when joining a server).
- Known Issue: The actual loadout screens wont prevent you from selecting disallowed weapons, you'll just never spawn with them.
- Voting on g_gear - g_gear can be disallowed/allowed for voting by the bit value "32" in g_allowvote.
- Throwing Knives - The ability to throw knives is back.
- CAH Flags Reset - The flags set back to neutral when the round time is up and a sound is played to alert you.
- Laser available on more weapons - Laser is now available on the AK103 and the Imi Negev
- Laser does 10% recoil reduction as well as 40% spread reduction
3.2 Bug FixesEdit
- Timer fixed
- Sub no longer drops bomb/flag when disconnecting or unsubbing
- Sub no longer creates ghosts
- Spectator no longer takes bomb/flag when disconnecting
Beta 3.2 MapsEdit
- cg_hitmessages 2 = new damage reporting system that gives you the actually amount of damage in a percentage format
- colours allowed in team chats now
- chats show as yellow in the console.
- cg_showbullethits 2
- Shows the % damage dished out on each shot
- Shows the % health left to bastard who killed you
- to the ent->think bug that was causing the bomb to disappear on the new Abbey2
3.1 Bug Fixes [10.07.2004]Edit
- in-game browser to recognize Bomb Mode
- button binding bug in Menus
- Info string length
- tracers from SPAS
- Prevented bomb plant in water
- bomb animation bug
- autoscreenshot going off during demo playback
- matchmode demos goofing up
- AntiWallhack code removed to improve FPS
- bigger bounding box for flag so you shouldn't be able to jump over it now
- Most of the GTV issues fixed.
- bombplant and zoom/injured fixed
- Bomb mode.
- and updated player skins.
- weapon, IMI Negev.
- G36 model.
- Match mode.
- radio messages.
Beta 3.0 Maps ListEdit
- ut_27 - 3.0 example map (for mappers).
Beta 3.0 Overview by DracostianEdit
New cvars and commands overviewEdit
- g_bombExplodeTime - Number of seconds until bomb explodes after being planted.
- g_bombDefuseTime - Number of seconds it takes to defuse the bomb.
- g_waveRespawns - Set to 1 to enable wave respawns.
- g_redWaveRespawnDelay, g_blueWaveRespawnDelay - Configures respawn delay for each team when wave respawns are enabled.
- g_followStrict - This replaces g_followForced and g_followEnemy, set to 1 to enable strict spectating rules, mostly applies to matches spectators are not effected, only team players.
- g_matchMode - Set to 1 to enable match mode.
- g_pauseLength - Admin pause length in seconds; set to -1 for infinite.
- \pause - Admin command to pause game; call again to un-pause.
- \forceready - Admin command to force team to ready status.
- \forceteamname - Admin command to force team name, syntax: \forceteamname <red/blue> <name>
- g_timeouts - Number of allowed timeouts per map.
- g_timeoutLength - Timeout length in seconds, minimum 3 seconds, maximum 300 seconds.
- \swapteams - Admin command to swap teams.
- \shuffleteams - Admin command to randomize teams.
- \map_restart - Admin command to do a 'soft' restart, will reset scores and times without reloading map.
- \reload - Admin command to do a 'hard' restart, will reload map completely; use for things like sticking latch cvars (g_gametype, g_matchMode, etc..) values.
- \captain - In match mode type this to become team captain.
- \ready - Captains use this command to ready the teams.
- \teamname - Captains can use this command to set team names; syntax: \teamname <name>
- \timeout - Captains can call timeout during a match using this command.
- \sub - In match mode type this to become a team spectator.
- cg_physics - Set to 1 to enable frame rate independent physcis; jump same distances regardless of your fps.
- cg_optimize - Set to 1 to enable optimized client code, will increase fps on low end CPUs.
- ut_weaptoggle bomb - New toggle command for use in Bomb mode.
- cg_drawCrosshair - Five new crosshairs: 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13
- cg_hudWeaponInfo - Configures the visual display of your weapon information; weapon name, number of rounds/clips, weapon mode. Valid range: 0 to 2.
- cg_scopeG36, cg_scopePSG, cg_scopeSR8 - Configures the scope type for the scope-able weapons, valid range 0 to 3.
- cg_crosshairNamesType - Switches between different crosshair name types, valid range 0 to 3.
- cg_crosshairNamesSize - Changes crosshair names size.
- \recorddemo - Starts a demo recording, demo name includes map name, gametype and team names when in match mode.
- cg_autoRecordMatch - Set to 1 to enable auto demo recording on match start.
- \race - Selects model type, valid range 0 - 3.
- cg_drawFps - Set to 1 to enable 'true' fps, 2 for old fps calculation.
- \ut_radio - Now accepts custom strings; syntax: \ut_radio <x> <y> <optional string>
- cg_autoRadio - Now accepts another configuration settings, set 0 to turn off all auto-radio calls, set 1 to turn off Grenade! calls but keep all the other calls and set 2 to enable everything.
- And the real reason why people play Urban Terror 3.0: - \breakout_play - \breakout_reset - \breakout_pause - \breakout_left - \breakout_right
g_allowVote no longer takes 0, 1 or 2 as its value. You can now configure it to except different vote groups, those groups are:
- 1: - reload - restart - map - nextmap - kick - swapteams - shuffleteams - g_friendlyFire - g_followStrict
- 2: - g_gametype - g_waveRespawns
- 4: - timelimit - fraglimit - capturelimit
- 8: - g_respawnDelay - g_redWaveRespawnDelay - g_blueWaveRespawnDelay - g_bombExplodeTime - g_bombDefuseTime - g_survivorRoundTime - g_captureScoreTime - g_warmup
- 16: - g_matchMode - g_timeouts - g_timeoutLength - exec
beta 3.2 adds
- 32: - g_gear
Note that the group numbers are a power of two. To configure your server for allowing the first group to be vote-able, set g_allowVote to 1. If you wish to allow several groups to be vote-able, add their numbers and set g_allowVote with result, for example groups 1 and 4, set g_allowVote to 5 (1 + 4). If you wish to enable full voting on your server, set g_allowVote to 63 (1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32).
Beta 2.6a [17.01.03] Edit
Changes From 2.6 to 2.6a (weapon patches)
- Voting Fixed
- Black screens fixed
- Disapearing Flag on flag holder lag out disconnection fixed
- Null ent->think crashes fixed (other "rare" crashes still present!)
- Clearscores command removed
- Black fading screen removed (noone liked it anyway)
- Direct Team changing in TS/FTL doesn't clear your score, Changing from team to spectator to team does thought.
- Min rate now 2500, Max rate 25000
- cl_maxpackets min now 20, max 42
- snaps min 20 max 40
- plus lots of other things that we've forgotten about :)
- AK103: Damage lowered, Spread and movement pentily lowered
- Beretta: Spread increased, knockback increased
- Desert Eagle: Nothing!
- G36: Damage increased, Rate of fire slowed, Movement Pentily lowered, Kickback from firing lowered
- LR300: Damage increased Movement Pentily lowered
- MP5k: Damage lowered, range lowered.
- PSG-1: Damage increased, VITAL HITS REMOVED (apart from head), kickback and reload time increased, Movement Pentily Lowered.
- SPAS-12: Damaged almost Halfed!, Rate of fire slowed (more to come in 2.6b!)
- UMP: Nothing!
- Sr-8: Damage Decreased!, After firing Screen doesn't automatically zoom in anymore!!
Please be Aware that there are still bug issuses within the code, we are currently working towards that and major/importantproblems will be addressed in 2.6b!
Twentysevens Note: Before you read this and have a heart attack at all the"lowered"'s, this is actually the fastest paced,and most balanced, release of UrT during the 2.x series. The balance was decided upon by leading members of the clan community, and we respectfully thank them for all their hard work.
Twentysevens Note Part II: TIMMAH RAWKS. (ref, Tim is DensitY)
Beta 2.6 [09.11.02]Edit
Quick Note - Thanks to Apoxol, who did an amazing amount of work on betas 2.0-2.3 and continues to provide sage advice from his cushy new job with Ravensoft. - Beta 2.6 welcomes a new coder to the team: Density, who has provided TwentySeven a considerable amount of assistance through this development cycle.
- ly update team player skins
- Replaced M4 with the ZM LR300ML
- Kalashnikov AK-103 added
- UMP45 model
- Implemented mini-map now displays players, flags and radio calls
- included cg_mapsize
- included cg_mapalpha
- included cg_maparrowscale
- included map arrowalpha
- included cg_mappos
- ut_metro added
- ut_mines added
- ut_twinlakes added
- ut_turnpike added
- ut_reykjavik added
- shake effect when grenades explode
- hold insta-arm HEs too long for a good time
- slap and bigtext commands for server admins
- "headshot" with select weapons
- /com_blood now toggles gore effects
- Team Survivor code completely rewritten
- /matchready added for teams to "warm up"
- /g_casualtieswins rule add
- all weapons tweaked
- Movement pen for PSG
- UMP45 skin
- G36 skin
- Beretta skin
- knife skin
- SPAS skin
- updated SR-8 model
- ut_riyadh updated
- ut_docks updated
- ut_uptown updated
- user interface changes
- callvote now includes matchready, matchstart
- callvote to turn friendlyfire on/off
- ability to kick bots from botmenu
- the AK to the primary weapon menu
- flash grenade less intense when looking away
- grenades no longer disappear when thrown through doors
- rotating door code improved, players don't stick
- ARIES hit detection values changed
- precipitation on terrain added (snow and rain)
- updated sounds
- rewritten netcode
- $crosshair function
- boot detection
- sv_fps limited to 20
- max_packets limited to 42
- callvote now includes 'matchready'
- SID logo (ROQ) to replace id logo
- the movement penalty
- knife hit detection
- flickering bodies in FTL mode
- bug with Spas where it fired pellets behind a player
- bug with changing teams while dead in CTF/TDM/CAH modes resulting in black screen.
- warmuptime/g_survivourrounddelay code
- Nades through floors
- bug with blood Particles
- corpses fading too long
- FTL leader code
- g_followForced 1 only applies to Ghosts now (not spectators)
- incorrect zoomed crosshair in ghost/spectator mode
- exploding monkey no longer throws shit
- made blue minimap icon darker
- callvotes win system fixed
- losing of Hud and weapon in spectator mode when following someone
- Now displaying more correct pings in ghost mode/follow mode
- non clearing of clientside entities between TS/FTL
- CTF game.log logging
- no logging for CAH game mode
- spawns still need a little more work
- $gametime not working in TS/FTL
- blood particles give a a small fps hit
Even with eight months of recoding, tweaking, modifying and testing, there will be times gamers encounter bugs and problems, with Urban Terror, Quake 3 or PunkBuster related. We are not perfect, but we are dedicated to our software and have made every attempt to fix the problems as they presented themselves during the development cycle.
If you happen to have unfortunate luck and run into problems, take the time to check the manual, FAQ and forums, before dropping the F-bomb on the development team. We are here to support and assist the community through their problems and have been since Beta 1. We are usually around the forums and IRC on a regular basis if you have problems. The community is very good when it comes to assisting gamers in the problems they encounter.
Last but not least, remember to have fun and enjoy playing Urban Terror. The development team enjoys working on Urban Terror and supporting the community. We are all friendly and enjoy the support gamers continue to give us. So, enjoy Beta 2.6 and thank you for your continued support.
Beta 2.5 [23.02.02]Edit
Notes on 2.5Edit
2.5 is primarily a bug fixing release for 2.4.
The weapons have been slightly tweaked to make some of the more devastating weapons a bit more balanced. The MP5K became a lot more powerful than we intended with the hit bug gone because with its rate of fire it was getting a LOT of headshots. We understand people's feelings about the weapons, but we felt that getting 2.5 out so the server issues could be dealt with was very important.
I am also aware that LPBs can feel like they get hit "behind a wall" by a HPB. In 2.3 and before the netcode did a check to see if a HPB's shot would be disallowed because the LPB had gone behind a wall before the HPB fired off their shot.
In upgrading the netcode, I didn't re-implement this feature. Some people may notice it and feel ripped off. You are not, in fact, being ripped off by it. If you seem to get hit behind a wall it's because you were not behind a wall when the HPB saw you. I beleive this is balanced by the fact that a LPB can spot a HPB before the HPB sees them, and often the reaction time leads to the HPB getting killed before he fires off a shot. Normally the LPB will win in any "surprise" situations.
I'll add in the wall check for 2.6 if people feel the wall issue is a huge problem. For now I want people to know that it's not giving anyone an unfair advantage, it just feels odd.
Server admins please leave master2 in your server.cfg open and DO NOT assign it a master server, as by default will send a heartbeat to the Urban Terror Master Server. If you have master2 assign, just move that master server to something other than server2.
- client info was being corrupted by new team skins code; fixed
- large amounts of data going to the server added in 2.4 removed (less server lag)
- problem with bots fixed (the 999 bug)
- follow enemy now works correctly with the /follow command
- cg_deferPlayers now works correctly
- unlocked r_gamma
- 4 new lock cvars
- small delay on zoomin that prevents snipers from gaining full accuracy immediately; this is to stop script exploits that let people fire accurately while unzoomed
- environmental lighting to decals and particle effects
- helmet now more effective
Changes to weapons:
- there have been NO changes to damage of any weapons in this release
- MP5 spread and movement penalty increased
- UMP45 spread and movement penalty increased
- G36 movement penalty reduced (more accurate when running)
There were a few things we didn't get a chance to fix, but are aware of:
- weapons are not totally balanced (see above)
- LPBs can apparently get hit behind walls (see above)
- cg_bobup and cg_bbpitch cvars locked to their default values and cannot be set to 0. People who are used to setting these to 0 (like Vynnski :) will notice the bob is back until 2.6
- weapons sometimes seem to revert to burst mode for some people
- hand skin can sometimes be wrong until respawn if you change skins
Beta 2.4 [08.02.02]Edit
Thanks to Apoxol, who did an amazing amount of work on betas 2.0-2.3 and continues to provide sage advice from his cushy new job with Ravensoft.
Beta 2.4 welcomes three new coding talents: TwentySeven, Iain and Thaddeus
Thanks also to Neil from the Q3 Antilagged mod for some extra advice on fixing a few small bugs in the UrT netcode, and to RR2D02 from Q3F who was kind enough to give me his cvar locking code.
- a bug that let spectators trigger some entities
- Some particles were spawning at the wrong position: fixed
- CTF was reporting incorrect team flag being returned
- Chopper in sands now a smooth ride
- Crouching over a grenade kills you
- bugs that nerfed the kick
- knife hit detection
- ARIES fixes: better accuracy, esp. on ladders
- netcode for LPBs
- team bandage bug that let you bandage faster if you changed weapons
- reload bug that let you reload faster
- bug that was causing CTF flags to disappear in no drop zones (ut_paradise water)
- Can shoot timed out players (999 bug)
- Dropped grenades no longer removed if you can't pick them up
- 1.31 point release intermittent freezing bug
- Made team survivor spawning more random
- a small bug that was preventing item changes after respawn on some maps
- Prevented player corpses from kicking living ones :)
- duration of flash gren effect
- SPAS damage
- M4 spread
- Crouching reduces grenade damage less
- NVG Effect
- weapon sounds
- impact marks
- Smoke grenades
- Volumetric laser scope in fog and smoke
- laser dot FX
- Instant arm mode for grenades
- Snipers now inaccurate when not zoomed
- Locked a number of potential cheat cvars
- Can save teammates by smothering grenades (crouch on them as they go off)
- blood effects
- Quake 2-style CTF scoring
- Medic icon if you call for a medic
- UI for selecting team skins
Note on netcodeEdit
The netcode in 2.4 is essentially the same netcode that Apoxol developed in an earlier release of Urban Terror. While we did use the public domain code released by the Q3 anti-lagged mod, that code is very similar to the original UT code, as Apoxol and Neil spent some time working through various issues with each other. The result is a synthesis of Urban Terror specific netcode (to account for ARIES) and anti-lagged mod netcode.
The main advantage in the 2.4 netcode is better calculation of latency for players with low pings. In other words, LPBs should see the greatest difference in accuracy in 2.4.
The netcode does *not* do hit detection on the client-side and does not affect prediction of player positions. What it does is calculate hit detection on the server using player data that simulates what the client would have seen on their screen at the time they shot.
The netcode also does *not* predict impact effects. If you fire at a wall and you have a high ping there will still be a delay between firing and impact. Beta 3.0 may have client side impact effects added in as an option for those HPBs who like to pretend they have cable ;)
Beta 2.3 [10.08.01]Edit
- Unnecessary setting of a few cvars on ever frame
- "bad player movement angle"
- ut_alleys by BotKiller
- ut_austria by Tub
- ut_casa by SweetnutZ
- ut_riyadh by dotEXE
- ut_rommel by Bar-B-Q
- ut_pressurezone by Gerbil!
- ut_uptown by BattleCow
- ut_village by Tub [updated by Legomanser and NRGizeR]
- ut_swim [updated version]
- ut_sands [updated version]
- ut_abbey [updated version]
Beta 2.2 [13.07.01]Edit
- Invisible player bug
- Spawning without knife bug
- Team DM spawns further apart now
- cg_sfxVisibleItems no longer hides your own laser or silencer or medkits
- bug that would cause pressing reload to not work sometimes
- Shooting cancels out your respawn protection so make your first shot count
- cg_autoRadio now functions as originally designed
- Extra ammo now gives 3 more shells to the hk69
- Safety measure added to ensure kills, deaths, and times are cleared after a survivor map change
- sv_fps now properly capped to prevent crashes at startup
Beta 2.1 [10.07.01]Edit
- ut_echo command added to replace the standard echo command.
- joystick option to the menus
- the "dot" crosshair
- grenade support to ut_weaptoggle
- cvar cg_autoRadio [0/1]: Disables/Enables the playing of radio messages such as "fire in the hole"
- cvar cg_scopeRGB [<red>,<green>,<blue>,<alpha>]: Controls the color of the inner crosshairs of the sniper scope, defaulted to black
- cvar cg_scopeFriendRGB [<red>,<green>,<blue>,<alpha>]: Controls the color of the inner-crosshairs of the sniper scope when over a friendly target
- cvar cg_zoomWrap [0/1]: Disbles/Enables wrapping when zooming. When on the zoom commands will wrap around from max to min and min to max
- cvar cg_sfxVisibleItems [0/1]: Disables/Enables visible items/weapons on players. Setting this to zero will increase FPS but remove visible kevlar, guns on players backs, etc.
- cvar g_failedVoteTime [<seconds>]: number of minutes that must pass before someone can vote after calling a failed vote
- cvar g_teamkillsForgetTime [<seconds>]: number of seconds that must pass before team kills are forgiven. This allows admins to control how many kills per minute for team killing is allowed.
- cvar g_initialWarmup [<seconds>]: number of seconds of warmup time after a new map cycles. This allows people to join the server before the game starts.
- cvar g_flagReturnTime [<seconds>]: number of seconds before a flag returns after being dropped
- the ut_weaptoggle command. Now understands primary, secondary, sidearm, grenade and knife and works with a single parameter.
- Included weapon ID in the log message for hits
- Ammo lowered to 4 shells
- Can no longer select grenades when the hk69 is chosen
- damage to distance ratio changed from linear to a curve
- Grenade made larger
- Grenade bounce sound more identifiable
- ARIES issues resolved
- Bots should no longer cause quake3.exe to crash
- Players will no longer be dumped onto the spectator team during intermission
- Helicopter should now make noise when playing online
- Players will no longer spawn inside each other causing them to get stuck
- Time in scoreboard should no longer be incorrect
- Can no longer switch teams in a survivor game to come back to life
- Helicopter will now kill you if you stand underneath it when its landing
- Extra scoring removed from CTF and FTL gametypes. No more scores of 150+
- Spectating someone using NVG's should now work properly
- cg_drawtimer 1 should now should the proper time value in survivor games
- Leadership is no longer transferred during the round the leader dies in FTL, this prevents someone else from reaching the goal besides the original leader.
- Size of greade models increased to help increase grenade visibility
- Shooting grenades from the helicopter should now work properly
- When spectating another player their team color should now appear in the hud rather than the players original team color
- $leader now works as originally intended
- Few death messages cleaned up to be a bit more politically correct
- Errors in ANTI-LAG code resolved. This should help increase successful hits when using cg_nobulletpredict 0
- Player model no longer dissapear if you zoom in third person follow
- Snow should now fall in swim as originally intended
- Can now pick up weapons immediately after dropped by a dead guy (used to be a 2 second delay)
- startorbit command was cheat protected
- Should no longer get -1 kills for switching teams
- the message being broadcast to the server logs
- Player names with the "<" and ">" characters in them should now work properly
- Zoom out command now wraps around to fully zoomed if not-zoomed when the command is issued
- Can no longer shoot through thin walls, doors, or glass by getting close to it and shooting
- Can now fly around as a spectator if your the only one in the map and g_followForced is set to 1
- Spectators in free float mode should now stop moving rather than constantly drifting really slow
- Crouching under water no longer alters view height
- Dashes in names now show up in the scoreboard when in 640x480
- Scoreboard now sorted by # of kills then kill to death ratio
- a ledge climb odditiy which would cause a studdering sort of effect when jumping at a ledge but not pressing forward
- Sprinting no longer works when walking
- In-game system menu now reports the proper state of compressed textures
- Ghosts can no longer call votes
- cg_drawStatus removed to ensure scoreboard is never blank
- Can no longer press the hotkey for menu items in the gear selection that are disabled
- Laser sight should now be alot closer to the crosshair with cg_nobulletprediction set to 0. The code was actually backwards which is why setting it to 1 made it better in 2.0
- Should no longer receive the "Default_Team_Model/skin" error
- Height in which falling damage occurs has been raised
- Log rolling should now pad log #'s less than 1000 with zeros rather than spaces
- Turning off ejecting shells in the menu now works properly
- Dropping a shotgun no longer results in a loss of ammo when picked back up
- cg_crosshairRGB, cg_crosshairFriendRGB, cg_scopeRGB, and cg_scopeFriendRBB now support commas as separators.
- Observers can no longer drop weapons
- A disonnected flag carrier will no longer take the flags with them
- View no longer pivots to show you who killed you
- Can no longer vote for the first minute after a map cycle.
- Movement accuracy modified to help prevent small position adjustments from destroying your accuracy
- no longer look at you killer when your killed
- $gametime and $roundtime can no longer be negative
- players on the spectator team can no follow either team when g_followenemy is set to 0
- Can no longer select armor piercing rounds (was not intended to allow you to)
- thrown knives, kicking, and knife hits should be easier to get now when online
- Should no longer see a laser sight when you dont actually have one selected
- After waiting for players to join in a survivor game the map will restart so everyone i
Beta 2.0 [01.06.01]Edit
- BRAND NEW CODE (To many new features to list, but here is a few)
- Radar for certain gametypes.
- Bullets passing through glass
- Climbing down ladders issue
- : MP5K, M4, FlashBang, and HE Grenade, Male/Female Models
- Implemented: New UI art, New Hit Detection system
- ARIES hit detection system
- Anti Lag System
Beta 1.27 [21.12.00]Edit
- Urban terror 1.27 now compatible with Quake 3 Arena 1.27 point release
- Guns tweaked for more intense gameplay
- Shotgun issues addressed: faster reload, faster rate of fire, more damage
- Players no longer get stuck after warmup
- blood spurts
- missing hit sound underwater
- No more kicking during warmup
- bad obituary logging (games.log)
- Spectators can no longer use radio
- Cant change name if not alive
- No more pause after reload before you can shoot
- Can now see enemies names if you put your crosshair on them
- Weapons switch a bit faster
- q3 announcer (prepare to fight)
- No longer lose frag when switch teams
- grenade explosion effects (match radius better and some smoke)
- Grenade timer reduced (grens arm sooner)
- Can no longer zoom while spectating
- Dead status now shows in non-team survivor mode
- Can no longer spectate dead people
- Zoomfov cheat disabled
- Can now heal your teammates again (see manual)
- Door opening direction can now be controlled by player movement direction
- Spectator score bug fixed
- First round of a new map always has a 20 second warmup time to allow people to join
Beta 1.2 [16.10.00]Edit
- Double knife sound on swing is fixed.
- Head shot noise now plays relative to the player that got hit, not to the player who shot
- Weapons sounds redone
- NVGs on/off sound added
- Laser on/off sound added
- Vest hits sound
- Klinks for falling shells
- New pain sounds
- Lots of other cool sounds
- Models forced to UT models only
- Only the UT models show up for selection in the user interface
- Hand models no longer get tossed onto the ground when you die
- new "trooper" model and skins
- default teamplay models to make them more clearly different
- Spawn in teamplay now uses standard deathmatch spawnpoints and chooses them randomly to mix up teamplay games a bit
- Only be able to kick enemies except in team damage mode (fixed)
- Bullets should not hit team members in non-ff mode.
- issue with frags of -1 when joining a team when the round has already started
- display of which team won to report correctly
- When map cycles everyone starts game in spectator mode
- Teammates name and health now appears in bottom right when you put your cursor on them
- Teammates health now shows in scoreboard if they are alive
- Capture limit now works for team survivor mode (capture limit is the number of team wins)
- team wins to scoreboard
- team win message to the center of the screen
- radios to work properly in team games
- Amended arenas.txt to allow selection of UT maps
- All command names changed to "ut_*"
- Players can run through each other during warmup to reduce clipping problems (players getting stuck in each other)
- Frags dont reset when you manually change the map (fixed)
- Players should not lose a frag when they die due to bleeding (fixed)
- Spectators no longer win the game if they are there at the end of a round
- You can fall through glass (eg: on ricochet)
- Glass fragment sizes determined by the size of the pane being broken
- Glass shaders added to shattered fragments for more realistic-looking fragments
- Rotating doors now always open away from the player
- Rotating doors no longer reverse if blocked, but continue movement when blockage is removed
- Spectators and ghosts can now look straight down
- Gun now dissapears and reappears correctly on ledgeclimb
- Ghosts can now cycle though the alive players using the fire button
- View bobing on crouch reduced
- Crouch speed reduced
- Intermission time now 15 seconds
- cleaner scoreboard look
- triangles above teammates heads
- talk bubbles above talking players heads
- Dead players can no longer talk to alive players in team games
- Dead players and spec players now have it indicated in their name
- Made warmup timer flash red and yellow while counting down
- Separated chat messages from information messages and color coded the chat messages for teams
- current zoom level and fire mode to the hud, removed print messages
- Ghosts can no longer open doors
- Ladder speed increased
- Ledge climb is much smoother now
- bug that would zoom you out if you fell a little
- bot support
- time display in score for teamplay games to reflect total time
- Selected bots highlighted in interface screen
Weapons and CombatEdit
- Made "close" range to within 4m (128 units) of player
- and capped bleedrates
- Weapon modifications
- Range damage sensitivity now works on a sliding scale
- UMP does more damage close than at range
- G36 now does more damage at range than UMP, but less when close
- Beretta does less damage
- Shotgun now hurts a lot more, has decreased reload time
- Beretta made less accurate
- Accuracy gets worse the longer you fire weapon (bursts are better)
- Alt fire mode does not actually decrease spread anymore (since bursts do) but you still get a benefit from using it because it helps you by shooting off 1 shot (burst) The new spread/fire time system makes the old way fo doing alt fire obsolete
- Completely rewrote the recoil system
- accuracy of sniper rifle when player is moving
- grenade splash radius
- Implemented new damage system
- All hits are now reported properly (leg shots now work)
- Headshots harder to get
- More accurate detection of location
- knockback on weapons
- Grenades now arm after 2.5 seconds, explode on impact with anythign after that
- Grenades that hit players full on do damage and knockback but do not explode
- PSG-1 scope blacked out around the edge
- G36 when zoomed has crosshairs like PSG1
- Now shows the text "bandaging" on the screen while bandaging
- smoke that comes out of gun barrels. This can be turned off by turning of brass ejection
- Now reports whether you hit someone in kevlar or not
- Kevlar now becomes less effective the more it is shot
- Can now reload, bandage, and change fire mode immediately after shooting
- Weapon reload sounds and cock sounds now consitantly play
- Weapon change animation is now alot smoother looking
- Drop weapon (ut_drop) now works and is configurable in the bind menu
- Bandaging can now be cancelled by pressing the fire button
- Bandaging time is now dependent on how fast your bleeding
- Knife no longer uses ammo when just swinging it
- Can now select a weapon that has no ammo so you can drop it
- Weapon selection now shows the weapon icon instead of the text
- Knife speed increased to allow nice and fast hack and slash
- Only 2 primary weapons can be picked up now
- Brass now ejects from the correct location on the gun
- Shotgun now reports hit locations and does damage properly
- reload problem that caused it to reload instantly and not show it on the last clip
- Laser sight improves aim only when on
- Night vision shaders modified to add a static effect overlay and look more realistic
- If player disconnects with laser on the laser entity is now removed from the world
- Only primary weapon(s) dropped on frag to minimise network traffic (beretta and knife not dropped)
- prediction bug that cause a delay when shooting
- Intermission time was turned into a cvar
- Warmup time can be set through a cvar
1.2 Known Issues:
- Console commands (including binds to opendoor, etc, which run console commands cause Urban Terror to crash on Macs :( 1.3 will fix this, with the Id 1.25 point release
- Bots sometimes get stuck if two bots are on opposite sides of a door
- Bots don't know they can smash breakable objects
- Round time still ticks down when waiting for players
- sometimes players still get stuck on ledge climb
- sometimes players still get stuck on round start
August 21, 2000
- Sped up ump45
- Slowed down spas
- Slowed down psg1
- spread on spas
- Took out delay on zoom console commands since they are all client-side
- Allow all weapons ro reset zoom (even weapons without zoom so that zoom status can be reset on re-spawn)
- Damage of 30 or greater from a fall causes leg damage, not 20 (as per beta 1.0)
- neck damage - adjusted other zones to compensate
- Made psg1 sniper rifle do much more damage
- Made the g36 do less damage
- Made the ump45 do more damage
- Made the spas do a bit less damage
- reload time for spas shotgun and grenade launcher
- Made bandaging take 3.5 seconds instead of 3
- a text message for bandaging and reloading
- Made the psg1 and g36 de-zoom on reload
- Made the psg1 and g36 de-zoom on bandage
- Set the gameversion to q3ut in g_local.h
- delay between weapon fire and weapon reload (you can now reload right after firing)
- delay between weapon fire and bandage (you can now bandage right after firing)
- fov (changing the var now has no effect)
- gamespeed (the g_speed var now has no effect)
- the machinegun and gauntlet register on map load
- the machinegun default when editing your player settings (this is the weapon that the player holds on the left)
- Made it so you could hear other weapons firing, even if you didnt have the weapon. (hahah, silly bug, surprised noone noticed!)
- the delay on triggering the firemode (bind a key to firemode for everyone who has yet to check it out)
- Completely re-did the alternate fire modes. it now uses a click-fire system (every click, means a bullet is shot).
- a text message for firemode change
- a random radio sound when bandaging
- Single death system
- bug in open door (crash)
- Free For All text after each round
- Only display "XXX has entered" on the first time, not every round
- requirement to press button at intermission
- If you join the game in singledeath mode too late, you come in dead
- the spawn effect
- Color coded teamplay scoreboard
- the voice effects for scoreboard position
- Ghosts and spectators are now noclip
- team select menus to normal q3 menus
- weapon select menus to normal q3 menus
- item select menus to normal q3 menus
- Damage due to bleeding no longer jerks screen
- Recoil adjustments (always move up)
- No longer Shoots to the upper right of crosshair
- Semi-automatic adjustments for prediction
- underwater sounds
- Replaced headshot sound
- Bandolier gives 2 extra clips instead of one
- Items start as on and activated
- bullet hole shader in /scripts/xxbullets.script
- Made items turn on automatically when spawning
tigoggles linux crash
- Weapon animation system overhauled for more acurate animations
- Bullets work under water
- Knife slashing animation plays more than once now
- No randomness on recoil
- Made weapons on ground larger to look more realistic
- Animations and sounds play properly on ladders
1.1 Known IssuesEdit
- Sometimes your weapon doesn't re-appear when bandaging. the work around is to change weapons
- The Macintosh bug still remains
August 5, 2000
- Weapons: UMP, H&K 69, Knife, Spas 12, PSG1 Sniper Rifle, Berreta, G36
- Custom maps: Hotel, Streets2, TrainYard, MBase, Swim
- Radio Commands
- Secondary Fireing Systems